Don’s Tree Farm is a locally owned and operated 40 acre farm specializing in the growing of multiple varieties of Christmas Trees. Don’s Tree Farm is located in Greenwood Delaware, 25 minutes south of Dover, 1 hour from the beaches, and only 45 minutes from the Bay Bridge.
** Please note that we only accept cash
10% off the purchase of any tree for our Active Military (please show ID)
Don was interviewed on picking the perfect Christmas tree. Click the link below to view the video from WMDT NewsPicking the Perfect Christmas Tree
Christmas Holiday Season
In addition to Christmas Trees, Don’s Tree Farm sells hand-made Holiday decorations including, wreaths, door swags, table centerpieces, Hostess and teacher gifts, and cemetery mounds. Don’t like what you see or have a specific idea, let us know and we’ll make it for you.
Santa will be here every Saturday in December from 11am-3pm. The Polar Express was great this past year. This year a new train exhibit will be on display for the upcoming Christmas season.
Please help us to help others to stay warm this winter. When visiting, please bring a new hat, scarf, gloves or mittens for our Mitten tree. All items will be donated to the Boys and Girls Club, local schools and other local charities through the Georgetown Presbyterian Church.
Since Christmas is a family tradition, our family has started the tradition of gifting a free handmade Christmas ornament with the purchase of a tree. Different ornaments each year to collect.
Fall Holiday Season
Don’s Tree Farm has a U-Pick Pumpkin Patch. They are growing 15 different types of pumpkins from the smallest, Jack-Be-Little’s Pumpkins to Jumbo Pumpkins over 100lbs! Also, Cinderella (they make the best Pumpkin Pies), Ironman (are great for schools), and Ghost Pumpkins. We will have a straw path maze which leads to the U-Pick pumpkin patch! Your whole family can then take a ride around the farm on the hay ride. Opening Day, Sunday, September 25th for our 2nd Annual Fall Festival Car Show!
Teachers & group leaders, Don’s Tree Farm isn’t just a fun experience, it is educational as well! We will show your group how to grow and care for pumpkins and Christmas trees. We offer tours in the fall and Christmas seasons, call for more information and to schedule your group field trips Monday through Friday.
Potted Evergreen Trees
We offer potted Evergreens in three sizes, 1 gallon, 2 gallon, and 3 gallon pots.
1. Leyland Cypress – Fast growing trees used for property lines and privacy hedges
2. White Pine – Fastest growing Christmas tree
3. Norway Spruce – Fastest growing from the Spruce family
4. Blue Spruce – Popular Evergreen that grows slowly
5. Canaan Fir – Delaware’s answer to a Fraiser Fir Christmas tree
6. Douglas Fir – Popular Delaware grown Christmas tree
7. Vecchie Fir – Exotic Asisan/Japanese Fir tree
8. Elegantissima Trees – Beautiful medium speed growth property border, hedge row, and wind break
9. Emerald Green Arborvitae – Fast growing to be tall and slender. Rich green color
10. China Girl & China Boy Hollies – Must purchase in pairs for pollination. Bushy hedge row type of holly
11. Nellie Stevens Hollies – Will pollinate off of any male within a two mile radius and will grow tall like a tree, with up to 2 feet of growth per year.
All potted plants are available for sale year long. Large orders of 20 or more trees can be delivered and installed.